The Spe-ed™ SFE-2 and Spe-ed SFE-4 are the original SFEs in our series of instruments for supercritical fluid extraction. Built in conjunction with the USDA¹, these systems were designed to meet the rigorous needs of day-to-day use in the research lab. They are simple to operate, fast and affordable, with unique features not found in other SCF systems.
The Spe-ed SFE-2 oven has the capacity for up to two vessels and the Spe-ed SFE-4 oven can accommodate up to 4 high pressure vessels.
The system features:
• temperatures to 240°C
• pressure up to 10,000 psi (690 BAR)
• pump: up to 400mL/min flow rate for atmospheric (incompressible) liquid
• independent control of flow rates to each vessel
• fully-adjustable, non-clogging, variable restrictors
• parallel processing capabilities of between 1 to 4 vessels from 0.5mL to 1.0L depending upon model
• collection into SPE cartridges or standard glassware
• in-line trapping capabilities
• modifier addition capability
• multiple flow path capability
• extract directly from liquid samples
¹CRADA - Dr. Jerry King, Dr. Robert Maxwell